Call for Panels
Guided by leading experts in the field, panels aim to engage the community in a thought provoking discussion. Exchanging ideas and thoughts between the audience and panel members is at the heart of every fruitful panel discussion. TPDL2016 invites panel proposals aiming to create a forum for the discussion of crucial issues concerning the main topics of the conference. Panels should echo the problematic of the community on theoretical and practical issues of digital libraries and how they can be addressed in a challenging and long-standing way.
Each panel should have one chair and an international group of panelists who are recognized experts in their respective field. Panel proposals should provide sufficient information to judge the importance, quality, and benefits for the research community. Panels should be thought provoking and cover a range of different opinions. Proposals should be two pages (maximum three) long PDFs and should provide the following information:
- Title of the proposed panel (if possible formulated as a provocative question).
- Names and full addresses, including home page links and contact details, as well as a brief description of the panel chair’s and panelists’ experience and background in the panel topic.
- A brief description of the panel topic and goals, its relevance to TPDL2016 and significance for the research field. The description should also contain the issues to be discussed and a selection of possible pro and con arguments where applicable.
- A description of the target audience, areas from which the participants are expected to come, number of expected participants.
- Any further special requirements.
Panel proposals can be submitted in PDF format via the conference submission system https://www.conftool.com/tpdl2016/.
Upon submitting the panel proposal, the proposer commits that in case the panel is accepted, he/she and the panel members will physically attend the conference. Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Panel Chair, Conference General Chairs and Program Chair. Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the panel proposers by April 12, 2016.
The selected panels will be organized inside the main track of the conference.
The deadline for submissions is
February 23, 2016 8 March 2016 (New!).